We've been making books and we would like to hear how accessible they are from your perspective, and what we can do differently to make them better.
Please note that panel description is quite different than standard Alt-text description as it represents a sequential art.
This is our current description order, which can change depending on what story calls for:
Here are some suggestion from Steve, our first tester:
- What’s happening in the picture;
- Any gruesome details that give the picture’s mood;
- How are the characters responding (speech, facial expressions);
- The viewing angle, and how much of each character is visible
Please feel free to offer any ideas for a better way or or simply a different approach. As Cordelia McGee-Tubb noted in her talk (Accessible Comics
), it would be ideal if there could be a way for readers to access different levels of granularity of description through different settings on their devices, but that is not really a viable solution at this time, so we must try and figure out a more general "best" way.
- Joined:Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:30 pm
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests