We've been making books and we would like to hear how accessible they are from your perspective, and what we can do differently to make them better.
- Word Documents on Google Drive - for downloading
- Guidelines for Comic Book Description: These are the guidelines we are working on for Comic Book Description. Feel free to read through them and if you have any comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear! It will also help you understand the approach we have taken with the Walking Dead and with NNELS-Zilla.
- NNELS-Zilla (this takes you to a Word Doc on a Google Drive, which you should be able to download): we created this described comic book as a sort-of training manual for Comic Book Description. The story is not the greatest, so I do apologize for that! The important thing to note while reading it is, of course, the approaches to description. Please feel free to make comments or suggestions in the corresponding forum threads (Page & Panel Navigation; Panel Description: Ordering; Panel Description: Level of Detail; Left & Right Debate)
- Walking Dead Sample Pages: these are some sample pages from our Walking Dead reader. They are a bit gruesome, so if you would prefer not to read them, we totally understand! However, it will give you a better idea of an actual described comic book
Podcasts: A sighted reader and a blind reader read the same comic book (the graphic and audio versions) and discuss their experience.
- Podcasts (these links take you to podcasts on the itunes store - they are free): A sighted reader and a blind reader read the same comic book (the graphic and audio versions) and discuss their experience.
- On Describing Comics:A sighted person writes about creating a described comic book for her friend. This is a really great essay and will help you understand some of the descriptive/narrative choices that we have made.
- Accessible Comics by Cordelia Mcgee-Tubb: A comic book artist and accessibility advocate discusses accessible comic books in her talk at Inclusive Design, a 24 hour online conference held in June of 2017
- Joined:Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:30 pm
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests