Hello from Leah!

Anything not related to work goes here.

Hello from Leah!

Post by
leahbrochu
»
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:46 pm
Hello to everyone!

My name is Leah Brochu and I am another Production Assistant. I have been working with this excellent organization since May of 2017. A little about myself: I have a Master's degree in Classical Studies (with a focus on Roman Military and Political History, and Latin), and a Master's in Library in Information Studies. I look forward to working with everyone, and getting to know you all a bit!

Just for fun, here are a few details about me: One of my favourite books is American Gods by Neil Gaiman, I usually read it once per year. I love the TV and movie series The Librarians, and mostly anything that falls into the realm of magical realism. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, and I really don't mind the cold and snow. I am currently reading A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy O'Toole, and am blown away by how foolish the characters are.

I hope you are all having a great week, and have as much fun working for NNELS as I do!

All the best,

Leah Brochu
leahbrochu

Re: Hello from Leah!

Post by
Karoline
»
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:22 pm
I loved reading Gaiman. I remember the writing style so well. I read the book you mentioned quite a while back. Time for another reading?
Karoline

Re: Hello from Leah!

Post by
ka.li
»
Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:48 pm
Gaiman's stories are great. I enjoyed Neverwhere and Good Omens.

Not many people know but I'm a huge audio drama collector and I have both Good Omens, Stardust, and Neverwhere dramatized for radio by Dirk Maggs for the BBC. I'm not sure if you've heard those yet but if you haven't, you should check them out. He just finished dramatizing Anansi Boys and I want to get a copy of that. Dirk Maggs does an awesome job with all the dramas that he's done.
ka.li