Greetings and Salutations

Anything not related to work goes here.

Greetings and Salutations

Post by
Rachel_Osolen
»
Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:38 pm
Hello All!

My name is Rachel Osolen, and I have been a Production Assistant for NNELS since last May. I currently live in a town called Drayton Valley in Alberta. I am also a thesis candidate at the University of Alberta where I am studying Library and Information Studies, and Humanities Computing in a joint MA/MLIS degree. I am in my final year writing my thesis.

I read a lot, I write a lot, and I research things!

I am also one of the three PA's developing Comic Book Documentation as we work on the comic The Walking Dead. It is the first time we are attempting an assistive reader for a comic book, if any of you are interesting in giving feedback on our work and documentation please check out the Project Comic Board. We appreciate all the input we can get to make this project great! :D
As Always,

Rachel
Rachel_Osolen

Re: Greetings and Salutations

Post by
Pikiora
»
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:37 am
Hi Rachel!

Oh wow that is great! I have been meaning to read the Walking Dead series since forever, in the hope it is not as scary as the TV show. I also wanted to wait till the TV show finished to compare but I am beginning to suspect it will never end.

Good Luck I hope it goes well. :)
Pikiora

Re: Greetings and Salutations

Post by
Rachel_Osolen
»
Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:10 pm
Thanks Pikiora!

Funny tidbit of information, Robert Kirkman wanted to create a zombie story that never ended. That is how he came up with The Walking Dead!

I am a horrible judge at what is scary to most people. I am a horror buff, and very little scares me.

It is awesome that you are interested in The Walking Dead. Would you be willing to look at some text pages from our work so far and answer some questions? Let me know if you do and we can hash out the details.

I read your comment about loving BC. What brought you to BC?

My Uncle lives in Vancouver. He hitchhiked across North America in the sixties and seventies, but when he got to BC he found it so magical he decided to settle down.
As Always,

Rachel
Rachel_Osolen