Microsoft To Do

Library App testing discussion for the SDPP-D Grant projects

Microsoft To Do

Post by
Simon
»
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:37 pm
For easy organization of priorities among testers, we are using Microsoft To Do, a simple cross-platform task tracking app. Please post questions here so that other users can learn from and respond to them. Here is some basic information to get you started:

The app is available for Windows 10 from the Microsoft store; iOS; Mac OS from the app store; Android from the Google Play store; and as a web interface at todo.microsoft.com. If your primary desktop operating system is Windows and you are not using Windows 10, you'll need to use the web interface.

In order to use the app and synchronize your to-do's across devices, you'll need to sign into a Microsoft account. you might already have one if you've signed into Windows, Skype, Office, OneDrive or various other Microsoft services. If you don't, you can go to accounts.microsoft.com and create one.

Your first task is to create a list for your projects and share it with Daniella. In Windows, you can quickly do this with ctrl+l. You'll be prompted for the new name; please prefix it with your own name to set it apart from other people's lists. I called mine "Simon NNELS". Once the list is created and renamed, locate the share button and use it to create an invitation link, which you can then e-mail to Daniella.

Here's a list of Windows shortcuts I found on the office support site:

Ctrl + N: Add a new task 
Ctrl + L: Create a new list
Ctrl + T: Add task to My Day
Ctrl + D: Complete task
Ctrl + F: Search
Ctrl + V: Paste
Ctrl + R: Sync now
Ctrl + Number1: Open sidebar in minified view
Simon

Re: Microsoft To Do

Post by
d.ng
»
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:54 am
Thank you for this helpful info.

However, MS says I already have an account. I can't remember my password and try getting the code. It then says it will text me a code but doesn't recognize my phone number, even with putting Canada in the country box.

It has locked me out of my account. So I try getting a new account with a different email and it then says the site is down.

Is there a tech support for the site that could just delete and re-instate my account?

Any help appreciated!
d.ng