Accessing RBdigital content

Library App testing discussion for the SDPP-D Grant projects

Accessing RBdigital content

Post by
Daniella.LP
»
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:40 am
For this part of the test of the RBdigital website, we will first access the content via our public libraries.

Libraries offer access to different types of content, and the links on the websites may also have different titles, so we cannot provide specific instructions.

From your library's website, find the link to online or electronic resources, or audiobooks, digital magazines, or something similar. From there, you can find all the RBdigital content you can access (for example, the Toronto Public Library offers audiobooks and magazines). And then follow any instructions to create an account/sign in.

Please use the website testing questions spreadsheet. In your text reports, please include the titles you accessed, for all the content types your library provides.

Please post comments or questions here.

Thanks!
Daniella.LP

Issue with reading the Magazine.

Post by
m.castilloux
»
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:47 am
Hi everyone!

I have here a bit of a blocker. I manage to connect and access RBdigital from my library. Everything seems to work fine, only when I finally choose the magazine, order it and it comes to click on « read the magazine » I get this error message in Firefox :

«Someone could be trying to impersonate the site and you should not continue.
Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust rb_reader.zinioapps.com because its certificate issuer is unknown, the certificate is self-signed, or the server is not sending the correct intermediate certificates.
Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER
View Certificate »

I tested many different magazines and it all does that. I have also done the test on another browser (google chrome) and I get the same result.

Am I the only one having this problem?
m.castilloux

Re: Accessing RBdigital content

Post by
Danny
»
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:38 pm
Hi Melissa,

We've tested RbDigital magazines under Windows and IOS with no problems. The publication takes a few seconds to check out, but then it loads quickly without any security warnings. Do you have an Advanced button you can click to get more information about the certificate's issuer and, more importantly, what your browser finds invalid about it?
Danny