Ryan: Week Two Tasks

Let's make some books.

Ryan: Week Two Tasks

Post by
Rachel_Osolen
»
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:51 pm
Now that you have completed the previous tasks, here are the next steps for you to go through. I would like you to focus one section at a time as you move through your edits.

After the table of contents there is a section called ‘Series Preface’ you need to apply Heading 1 Style to this. That is all that needs to be done for this section.

The next section is called ‘Acknowledgments and Dedication’ you need to apply Heading 1 Style to this. That is all that needs to be done for this section.

The next section is the Introduction Chapter. First, you need to change it so the section title is all one line. It currently reads as follows:

Introduction
Developing Psychosocial Skills and Life-Affirming Stories

It should be one line and read as follows:

Introduction: Developing Psychosocial Skills and Life-Affirming Stories

Once you have edited the section title to one line you need to apply the Heading 1 Style

Right after this section title is the first sub-title of the chapter that reads ‘A Really Good Story’ you need to apply the Heading 2 Style to this subtitle. There is no other editing that needs to be done for this subsection.

The next subtitle is ‘Who Are the Clients This Book Addresses?’ you need to apply the Heading 2 Style to this subtitle. In this subsection there is a list which you will have to reformat.

Let me know if you have any questions about this and I will walk you through it.

The next subtitle you will find is ‘Theoretical Orientation’ you need to apply the Heading 2 Style to this subtitle. There is also a list in this subsection that needs to be reformatted

The next subtitle is ‘Plan of the Book’ you need to apply the Heading 2 Style to this subtitle. There is no other editing that needs to be done for this subsection.

The next subtitle is ‘The Wisdom of the Good Witch’ There is no other editing that needs to be done for this subsection.

After this you will find a subsection titled ‘Footnotes’. For DAISY we have to reformat all Footnotes into Endnotes. There are only 2 for this Chapter. What I like to do is cut and paste the footnotes out of the book document and into a new word document. To do this you can just select the entire subsection from the title down and press Command + X to cut. Then you can open a new blank document with Command + N. In this new document you can paste the footnotes with Command + V. You can then save this new document, maybe title it ‘Cognitive Behaviour Book Footnotes’ or something similar that will help you know what it is for.

The next step is to find the first footnote marker in the Introduction Chapter. The first footnote is in the subsection ‘Who Are the Clients This Book Addresses?’.

At the end of the first paragraph you will see a *

Delete this.

Now you are ready to insert your first endnote. First go to the top menu and select the dropdown menu for ‘Insert’.
On this menu select footnote. This will open a pop up box. In this box select ‘endnotes’, make sure the numbering is 1,2,3, and set it to ‘continuous’.

Once this is done hit insert. You will then be automatically taken to the end of the document.

Now you simply copy and paste the first footnote from the footnote document you created earlier into the first endnote.

Now you do the same thing for the second footnote for the Introduction Chapter. This footnote is in the subsection ‘Who Are the Clients This Book Addresses?’ in the third paragraph.

It looks like this †.

Follow the same steps for this footnote as the first one.

If you need any clarification on this please let me know.

After you finish the above tasks please post an update about your progress here in the forum for what you did and how you did it, as well as any challenges you faced. Please send me updated copy of your work to review at this point, and I will look over what you did.
As Always,

Rachel
Rachel_Osolen