Problems with Calibre plug-in and Adobe Digital Editions

Problems with Calibre plug-in and Adobe Digital Editions

Post by
Sabina
»
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 am
Ryan has been working on installing Calibre on his computer. Calibre is the open-source ebook converter we use to convert publisher files to Word, which we then edit and convert to DAISY.

Ryan: I remember also having problems installing this plug-in, but I'm not sure why this isn't working. Maybe someone else will be able to help?

You don't need this plug-in, or Adobe Digital Editions, right now. What you do need is some EPUB files to work with. Do you have your NNELS account password? If not, let me know and I'll send you a password-reset link.

Sabina
ryano wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:59 pm I have some issues with download Adobe Digital Editions as it seems not work on my mac laptop. Next topic try to install DeDRM Plugin seems struggle with find the folder as I followed the step but stuck with the number 5-6 after click on load plugin then will open the file folder but not see unzipping.

This is the lists I have been following. below so do I miss anything?? Thanks.

copy from the link.
Installing the DeDRM plugin for calibre
Download the latest tools package, and unzip it.
(On Windows, right-click and “Extract All…”; After extracting all, rename the tools_vX.X.X.zip file to tools_zipped_vX.X.X.zip to prevent later confusion)
Run calibre. From the Preferences menu select “Change calibre behavior”.
(Do not click “Get plugins to enhance calibre”, that option is reserved for ‘official’ calibre plugins.)
Click on Plugins (under “Advanced”) — it looks like a jigsaw puzzle piece.
Click on the large “Load plugin from file” button
Navigate to the tools folder unzipped in step 2
Open the “DeDRM_calibre_plugin” folder
Select the DeDRM_plugin.zip file in that folder
Click on the “Add” (sometimes “Open”) button.
Click on the “Yes” button in the “Are you sure?” warning dialog that appears. A “Success” dialog will appear, saying that the plug-in has been installed. Click on “OK”.
Sabina Iseli-Otto at NNELS
1-855-383-5761, ext. 1031
sabina@nnels.ca
Sabina

Re: Problems with Calibre plug-in and Adobe Digital Editions

Post by
farrah
»
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:28 pm
Hi Ryan,
From your list of steps, it sounds like the plugin should be working. To check that the plugin is installed, just go to Preferences > Advanced > Plugins and type "dedrm" in the search box. If the plugin is installed, you will find it there. Make sure it is enabled.
Hope that helps.

ryano wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:59 pm I have some issues with download Adobe Digital Editions as it seems not work on my mac laptop. Next topic try to install DeDRM Plugin seems struggle with find the folder as I followed the step but stuck with the number 5-6 after click on load plugin then will open the file folder but not see unzipping.

This is the lists I have been following. below so do I miss anything?? Thanks.

copy from the link.
Installing the DeDRM plugin for calibre
Download the latest tools package, and unzip it.
(On Windows, right-click and “Extract All…”; After extracting all, rename the tools_vX.X.X.zip file to tools_zipped_vX.X.X.zip to prevent later confusion)
Run calibre. From the Preferences menu select “Change calibre behavior”.
(Do not click “Get plugins to enhance calibre”, that option is reserved for ‘official’ calibre plugins.)
Click on Plugins (under “Advanced”) — it looks like a jigsaw puzzle piece.
Click on the large “Load plugin from file” button
Navigate to the tools folder unzipped in step 2
Open the “DeDRM_calibre_plugin” folder
Select the DeDRM_plugin.zip file in that folder
Click on the “Add” (sometimes “Open”) button.
Click on the “Yes” button in the “Are you sure?” warning dialog that appears. A “Success” dialog will appear, saying that the plug-in has been installed. Click on “OK”.
[/quote]
farrah

Post by
farrah
»
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:29 pm
In regards to Adobe Digital Editions, you can download the Mac version here: https://adedownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe ... taller.dmg

You'll need to set up an Adobe account (Free) to use the product.
Content Coordinator, NNELS
farrah@nnels.ca
Toll Free 1-855-383-5761 ext 1033
farrah

Post by
ryano
»
Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:43 pm
Many thanks for the suggest I will look into this thanks.
ryano

Post by
ryano
»
Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:47 pm
Thanks for the Adobe ADE seems like not able to installing those because see belows.

“Digital Editions 4.5 Installer.pkg” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
ryano

Post by
ryano
»
Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:58 pm
Hi Sarah,

thanks for the head up I tried this but not have those dedrm so guess I need to install those then maybe will see it appear.

Post by farrah » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Hi Ryan,
From your list of steps, it sounds like the plugin should be working. To check that the plugin is installed, just go to Preferences > Advanced > Plugins and type "dedrm" in the search box. If the plugin is installed, you will find it there. Make sure it is enabled.
Hope that helps.
ryano

Post by
ryano
»
Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:00 pm
Sorry I mean Farrah I read name wrong thanks.
ryano

Post by
rmarion
»
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:44 am
Hello. I appear to have a copy of Adobe Digital editions already on my Mac. I’ll try running it today. If the link that you were sent doesn’t work, try searching for in the Mac App Store instead.
rmarion

Post by
rmarion
»
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:41 pm
Hi there, I tried to also update the copy of digital additions that I had. And I got the same error message. There appears to be an issue with the download link on the Adobe website that it is not from a trusted source. The only way to override this, is to change your security settings on your computer to install the file. Unfortunately, it is not on the Mac App Store, but appears to be available for iOS and android. I’m just going to look.
rmarion

Post by
rmarion
»
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:11 pm
Further to my last note, and sorry for posting multiple notes on this issue, I was able to open the file after I went into my Apple system settings security and found that the file was listed there as a file under the exceptions for opening unsecured files. So therefore, I didn’t have to make any changes to my security settings, and I was able to override the security setting for where files get opened. So therefore, go to apple menu on your menu bar, go to system settings, then once you are there, go to security settings, then go to security and privacy and you will see a list of the last file that you tried to open that was blocked by the computer. Hopefully that helps.
rmarion