Formatting List and Sublists with JAWS

Formatting List and Sublists with JAWS

Post by
Rachel_Osolen
»
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:22 pm
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have advice on how to create sublists with JAWS?
As Always,

Rachel
Rachel_Osolen

Re: Formatting List and Sublists with JAWS

Post by
skyt
»
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:52 pm
Hello. I have never created sublists before using word and JAWS, however if you want I can do some research on this and get back to you.
skyt

Post by
Daniella.LP
»
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:03 pm
I formatted all the lists with Alt+H+U and then selected the first option with the Right Arrow, for a round bullet; there are several other options in the grid.

Formatting the index required lists with potential sub lists. After navigating to the part of the list that needs to be reformatted into a sublist or nested list, use the Shift + down arrow to highlight the area to reformat it . Then press tab and the highlight section is indented into a sublist.

When I applied the list styles, JAWS would not read the bullets, although the indentation was indeed different. If I create the lists as I describe above, the bullets are reported by JAWS. I would like to find a way to know the specific bullet style being used (hollow round, square, etc), not sure if JAWS can do that.
Daniella.LP

Post by
ka.li
»
Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:37 am
Some of the types of bullets are announced by JAWS like the hollow circle but others such as the round circle won't be announced and JAWS will say bullet. If you navigate to the bullet list option in the ribbon, you can see what it's set to.
ka.li