Finding block quotes with JAWS

Finding block quotes with JAWS

Post by
Daniella.LP
»
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:57 am
I need to find all the block quotes in the original document so that I can format them properly, but the letter q is not working for that as it used to in previous JAWS versions; it now brings me to the main region, or reports that there is no main region on the page. I am using JAWS 18 and Word 2016. Is there a new keyboard shortcut to find block quotes? The JAWS settings to identify quotes start and end are checked.

I know that many of the block quotes in the epub file have a "—”, but I am not sure if all instances have this symbol. Also, I was using the converted .docx file as a guide, but the "—" is not there in most instances. Thanks in advance.
Daniella.LP

Re: Finding block quotes with JAWS

Post by
ka.li
»
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:38 am
Hi Daniella,
To jump by block quotes, you'll need to go into the Navigation Quick Key Manager and assign a key for block quotes.
You can access the Navigation Quick Key Manager by going into the JAWS window, Alt-U for utilities, followed by "n". In that sub-menu, choose HTML/PDF and block quotes should be the 2nd or 3rd item you see in there. You can also get to the Navigation Quick Key Manager by going to the list of managers with insert-F2.
Hope this helps.
ka.li

Re: Finding block quotes with JAWS

Post by
Daniella.LP
»
Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:20 pm
Thank you for this, Ka. Very useful!
Daniella.LP