Finding and Comparing Images

Finding and Comparing Images

Post by
Rachel_Osolen
»
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:25 pm
Daniella found a good way to use JAWS to find the decorative images to be replaced by asterisks.
Daniellalpl wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:59 am I used JAWS to find images, by pressing Control+Z to turn on "Quick Keys" and then pressed the letter G to find graphics.

I replaced the images that appeared too small to be a picture (I assume they separate sections) with three asterisks.
This worked well, but she had an additional question:

Are there any guidelines or tips to distinguish between the images that indicate page breaks and images that need to be described?

There is a wiki page that breaks down everything we need to do with images, but how can you distinguish between the different images using JAWS or other software beside size and location?

If the image is at the beginning of the book you can safely presume it is the cover image and needs to be removed, but what about the rest?

Here is a link to the wiki page about images:

https://wiki.libraries.coop/doku.php?id ... ext:images
As Always,

Rachel
Rachel_Osolen

Re: Finding and Comparing Images

Post by
Daniella.LP
»
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:28 pm
Quick correction in what I wrote below: The command to turn JAWS quick keys on is Insert+Z, not Control. Sorry for the confusion.
Rachel_Osolen wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:25 pm Daniella found a good way to use JAWS to find the decorative images to be replaced by asterisks.
Daniellalpl wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:59 am I used JAWS to find images, by pressing Control+Z to turn on "Quick Keys" and then pressed the letter G to find graphics.

I replaced the images that appeared too small to be a picture (I assume they separate sections) with three asterisks.
This worked well, but she had an additional question:

Are there any guidelines or tips to distinguish between the images that indicate page breaks and images that need to be described?

There is a wiki page that breaks down everything we need to do with images, but how can you distinguish between the different images using JAWS or other software beside size and location?

If the image is at the beginning of the book you can safely presume it is the cover image and needs to be removed, but what about the rest?

Here is a link to the wiki page about images:

https://wiki.libraries.coop/doku.php?id ... ext:images
Daniella.LP