JAWS Text Analyzer

JAWS Text Analyzer

Post by
skyt
»
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:33 am
Hello production team. As we discussed on the phone, you were asking about how to properly make sure their are no glaring inconsistencies in your documents, and I told you that their is a tool in JAWS called Text Analyzer. Here is what this tool can do.
Text Analyzer is a tool in JAWS that enables you to find inconsistencies in your documents. Examples of inconsistencies include unspaced punctuations, font issues, space runs, etc. If you are creating a document that is going to be viewed by sighted people, such as books, your job resume, etc, you want to make sure that you are fully on top of that Text Analyzer. Here is how it works.
To move to the previous inconsistency in your document, hold down the windows logo key, the shift key, the alt key and then press the letter I. Note:; the windows logo key is right next to the left control key on a full sized desktop keyboard. To move to the next inconsistency in your document, hold down the windows and alt keys, and press the letter I to move to the next inconsistency. At this point, when you press those keys, JAWS will tell you what inconsistencies that it has found. For example, if their was a font change problem, just would say, "font change at column, followed by whatever column number the Text Analyzer found the inconsistency. It will even tell you whether it is bold, Italic, etc. At that point, if you want to hear more information about the font, such as whether its 11 point, 12 point, etc, hold down the insert key, and press the letter F. Note. We will call the insert key, the JAWS key. I hope these instructions help. Thanks, Sky.
skyt