Comics

Projects different people are working on related to accessibility and reading.

Comics

Post by
Rachel_Osolen
»
Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:19 pm
We are working on developing documentation for assistive comic book readers. Our work so far on this project will help shape how we create future assisted readers for comic books. This is the first time we have attempted such a project and want to ensure it is what our patrons would want. We would love your get feedback on how to improve our work.
As Always,

Rachel
Rachel_Osolen

Re: Comics

Post by
Karoline
»
Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:59 am
Is there a book or link? If yes, where would I find it?
Karoline

Post by
Rachel_Osolen
»
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:22 pm
Hey Karoline,

There is no link or book as of yet. We are currently working on creating some documents for you all to look at over the week of March 5th.

If you are interested in giving us feedback before to help us prepare for that week, we do have some example pages from The Walking Dead and are developing a list of questions to go along with them. These should be ready by February 19th.

We are seeking feedback on format and structure, so you don't have to be a fan of the comic to participate. This is the first time we have attempted to create an assisted reader for a comic book, so it is a big learning process for us. Any feedback will go far in perfecting our work.

If you are interested in participating in this early stage please let me know and we can talk more about the details around it.
As Always,

Rachel
Rachel_Osolen

Post by
ka.li
»
Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:24 pm
Hi Rachel,
I'm not sure if you've seen this yet but this may be a good resource for making accessible comics:
https://www.lireo.com/accessible-comics ... n-24-2017/
Hope this helps.
Ka
ka.li

Post by
Rachel_Osolen
»
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:57 am
That is incredible!

I have not seen this. Thanks so much for the share.
As Always,

Rachel
Rachel_Osolen